Under supervision of a Department Coordinator, serve patrons at one or more public circulation desks utilizing the library’s multifunction automated library system. Provide library support services outside of circulation as needed.
1. Assist library patrons using outstanding customer service skills:
2. Provide library support services outside of circulation as assigned:
3. Attend staff meetings and workshops
4. Keep abreast of library programs and activities
5. Participate in library outreach activities
6. Attend consortium-level committee meetings
7. Attend statewide professional development workshops/seminars
8. Perform related duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Education and Experience
Duties require an associate’s degree; specialized training for automated circulation systems; at least one year of experience in a library setting; or any equivalent combination of education and experience. For duties in the Children's Room, experience working with children is required.
Provide guidance to library aides and pages. Open and close the circulation desk in the evenings and on the weekends.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Grade: IE 12
The Town of Andover is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The Town is committed to advancing it’s workforce culture of antiracism, diversity, equity, and inclusion.