General Summary Statement
Cleans and service facility building areas, moves furniture, equipment and supplies around the facility. Performs a variety of Environmental Services duties to maintain the
facility in an orderly and sanitary condition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs all cleaning, floor care and project assignments within area of responsibility or as directed by supervisor.
2. Utilizes cleaning chemicals properly and safely in accordance with department guidelines. .
3. Performs related services, such as bed moves, changing mattresses, stocking supplies, etc.
4. Maintains high standards; works steadily at efficient pace; achieves high QA score.
5. Exercises good judgment while working around patients and visitors.
6. Interacts hospitably, cheerfully and supportive with staff, patients, visitors and work colleagues.
7. Maintains equipment, tools and storage areas in clean, orderly and good operating condition. Respects Hospital and Company property.
8. Responds rapidly and thoroughly to emergencies, special needs, spills, etc.
9. Accepts suggestions and direction from supervisors and Hospital staff.
10. Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, preservation of equipment and achievement of safe working practices. .
11. Takes initiative in rendering service or responding to needs.
12. Assists other associates as necessary. .
Education Training and Experience
High School education or GED equivalent preferred.
One-year environmental or related experience preferred in a Hospital or College environment.
Special Skills or Knowledge
Ability to read, write, and interacts with all levels of staff.
Good organizational skills
Work Environment and Hazards
Work is done inside with the exception of occasional window cleaning, outside trash pick-up, entrance and patio cleaning, and use of compactor and autoclave.
Work Contact Group
Office personnel, nurses, physicians, patients, families, volunteers, other allied health professionals.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.