TITLE: High School Guidance Secretary
1. High school diploma.
2. Some specialized training in secretarial skills.
3. Prodicient in use of computer for word processing, spreadsheet, etc.
4. At least two years of generqal office experience.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Demonstrated aptitude for successful completion of the performance responsibilities listed below.
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: To assist and manage clerical tasks for guidance counselors so that maximum time may be devoted to guidance and counseling.
1. Acts as receptionist for guidance office, answering telephones, greeting guests, etc.
2. Prepares records for new students, secures I.D. number, sends student to appropriate counselor for schedule, requests records and/or transcripts from previous school.
3. Assists with college testing information and collection of fees for these tests.
4. Sends transcripts for students transferring or to college as requested.
5.Updates permanent records on students who have dropped out or transferred and sends to the District Office.
6. Assists seniors with college applications, scholarship applications, transcripts, etc.
7. Prepares reports for the counselors such as College-Freshman, progress reports, etc.
8. Assists counselors in calculating GPRs and ranks.
9. Sets up parent/counselor conferences.
10.Closes out graduate files and send to the District Office according to policy.
11.Other duties as requested.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 200 day work agreement. SC30 Salary scale. Salary and work year to be established by the district.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on evaluation of classified personnel.